Saturday, March 1, 2008

Things 4-6 Flickr, etc

Well, I do love Flickr and have been using it since I became a member of Ravelry. I've learned a lot about digital photography, lighting, backgrounds and angles. I love the fact that I can look at other people's projects to help me decide what I want to do next, how I might alter a project, etc.

Ravelry was the way for me to explore Flickr as I did not have a library application, but I must say the trading cards at Carleton are fantastic and I'll have to try that. I'm thinking of putting something together to use as a pseudo-business card.

The Library of Congress Flickr account is an interesting one, although some kinks will have to be worked out, like combining the various permutations of World War II as a tag (there are a lot right now). That is, perhaps, the biggest problem with tagging in general.

So now I've joined two Flickr groups - 23 Things on a Stick and Sock Knitters Unite - and I have the card to work on. In my spare time.

No comments: