Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers' Day?

I usually plant flowerboxes on this day - not this year, however, as the temperature when I got up was 39 outside (62 in the house!).



Today we have the unlikely May vision of wool socks drying in the laundry room:



It used to be my policy to wear socks only from October to April, but this year it's stretched into May...


I tried to take a picture of girl-child's shoe project outside, but I'm afraid it looks dreary:


The shoes spiral up the tree trunk, and now the overflow is going to the garage ... I suppose I could concentrate on the peonies coming up, but it's hard to focus when you're just trying to take the damn picture so you can get back inside...

I volunteered at the Sheep and Wool Festival at the Washington County fairgrounds yesterday - just sitting at the Knitters' Guild table - which was fun. I was uninspired, however, when my shift was over and bought nothing. If I were going to take the plunge into dying or spinning I'm sure I could have dropped a bundle, but the bags and yarn I saw can be purchased any time, and for now I'm trying to concentrate on finishing a few things so that I have a manageable number of WIPs (like less than six). I have no pics as I forgot my camera :-(

Some of my favorite yarns were out at the Glitter Knitter's booth, and he had an unbelievable electric blue bag too ... may have to go to the Yarn Garage one of these days for some fiber therapy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was there, too -- took a beginning lace class from Annie Modesitt. But I am on a yarn fast this year (27 miles of yarn at 12/31/07) so I took a very fast tour of the vendors' barns and only *fell down* twice for 1, hand-spun cotton for a spring scarf, and b, hand-dyed lace-weight silk for a shawl... someday.