"A vote for Senator Obama will guarantee higher taxes, fewer jobs and a bigger federal government. His policies will deepen our recession," McCain said. "A vote for me will guarantee that the forces that brought down our economy will be out of business. I will end the corrupt practices on Wall Street and the backroom deals in Washington, D.C."Huh? Wasn't it Senator McCain that pushed for less regulation on Wall Street? Wasn't it that lack of regulation, coupled with greed and lack of long-term vision that lead to the recent crisis? Isn't it the Republicans who are making the government unfathomably big by buying out these failing companies? I mean, government ownership of industry, well, that was called Communism not so long ago ... am I the only one who is confused?
Girl-child recently sent me this e-mail that is being passed around:
- What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard Law Review?
- What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his graduating class?
- What if McCain were still married to the first woman he said 'I do' to?
- What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife after she no longer measured up to his standards?
- What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became addicted to pain killers, but acquired them illegally through her charitable organization?
- What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?
- What if Obama were a member of the 'Keating 5'?
- What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?