Thursday, October 16, 2008

Odds and Ends

I've always taken the banned books issue to heart. (I probably should have gone with that public library job.) Anyway, this site has some good comics - not as racy as Questionable Content and certainly not as cynical as Unshelved.

We managed to pull together a party of four for book club last night. The book was A Prayer for Owen Meany, which I read some time ago and enjoyed very much. We didn't talk about the book though; never do with this group. Most of the talk was of pregnancy related issues. I wonder why?

As a result of book club, I was spared watching the debate. Thank goodness. And while I don't think we have to worry about it any more, here's a fun little site that helps envision President Palin - mouse over and click for sound (thanks Kate).

In News of the Weird - Who knew that "going postal" could ever apply to librarians? An adjunct librarian at Northeast Lakeview College in Live Oak, Texas walked into the library and shot a librarian. Apparently they had quarreled about work ethic in the past. Well! That's some ethics issue, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now here I am going on and on about my book club's lack of or perhaps "form" of discussion ... shudda read your blog first, eh?
fish person

Suzique said...

I'd better stop bugging you about Duluth.