Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm not making my turkey until tomorrow, so there's time for me to fix it up and make it look like this one ... I haven't made a lot of turkeys, but I do know that it's easy; I'm sure I could find what I need to brown it accordingly.

I learned how to e-mail myself photos from my phone last night (thanks Sweet Pea). This man rides my bus. I don't see him every day, but I see him often. He never smiles. I wonder what he's doing today.
I think this tree has a lot of potential. I'll have to take a real camera to work one of these days and take a good picture of it:
Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that makes you look back and assess. We haven't had a great year, but we have a lot to be thankful for. I like the way this guy sums it up (I have no idea who he is): Everything's Amazing ... Nobody's Happy (thanks Aidan, for the link):
So I'll to try to focus on the amazing part more ... even though some days that's hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is good and so right! Loved the airplane schtick .. you are sitting in a chair in the sky ... wow ... his name is Louis C.K. ... and it is the best thing retirement has given me ... the choice to slow down ...
fishette

Anonymous said...

My husband has said many of these things, especially about the flying, but never so eloquently/hilariously. I'm sending him the link RIGHT NOW! Happy T'day!