Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nothing in Particular

P and I went to Hay Fever by Noel Coward at the U last night. They do a great job. I love the intimacy of the thrust stage at Rarig; it's so much like the old Guthrie. The fact that the actors are all about 20 years old is a little distracting, but the acting was great. The sets were wonderful too - especially the curtain rods :-)

Friday night was spent at The Yarnery for Knit Night. It was fun to see people and find out what kinds of projects they're working on. Kmkat was in town and able to join us which was great - thank goodness the store has a ramp!

I actually got some housecleaning done for Thanksgiving ... not to overdo, however, since it will only be us and Auntie on Friday (we're going for Chinese on Thursday - anyplace that is open and has handicapped access). I'm so thankful Auntie has the same philosophy as I have: A clean house is a sign of a life misspent.

The orange socks are nearing completion, the heel and gussets done on the first Franklin sock and I finished the second repeat of the first front on the cardigan. I'm trying to plan my travel knitting now ... I think I'll take the cardigan sleeves, the Poseidon sock, plain socks and maybe a scarf. I also have four books ready to go. And there'll be Christmas gifts. I wonder if there will be room for clothes?

Today The Fish Person and I will finally be going on our field trip to Bella Lana; we're combining it with her birthday celebration. They had such beautiful things at the Guild meeting last week, I can't wait to see the whole store. Maybe I'll remember to take the camera...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for inviting me to Knit Night! Maybe we can do it again when I am in the TC for tax season.