Saturday, February 14, 2009

Knit Out

This weekend is the third annual Knit-Out at Mall of America. I volunteered at the Knitters' Guild booth this morning and had a quick look around before fleeing the mob.

Here's Patsy and her gang teaching people to knit just outside of Bloomingdale's:
And this is what the crowd looked like at noon:
I don't care about the free stuff which is why I volunteered for the early shift - the only time to get a parking spot is when the mall opens. These people will stand in line for a long time for a free skein of yarn.
Afterward I had a long lunch with old friends from NWA which was very therapeutic.

I also have sock pictures.
These are the Ironic Socks which I finished and gifted last week:
Then I started a pair of Tye-Dye socks for P - they are very colorful and they're knitting up fast:
And I dug up a sock I had inadvertantly started in Chile:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holey moley you weren't kidding about the crowd at MOA ... and the socks for P are fabulous ... he will have to give up wearing shoes so he can show them off!!! or roll up his pant's legs The gifted socks are very cool too! You are good, girl!
that fish person

Anonymous said...

#2 son and his gf went to the Knit Out today. They were hoping for some free stuff, but I haven't heard if they scored. She is a beginning knitter; we were on the phone 2x in the last 24 hours figuring out what needles and yarn she should get for a pair of legwarmers. Another one joins The Force!