Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blizzard, Schmizzard

Well, the storm was a bust. It rained too much and then we didn't get much snow but I guess it's going to get cold now; that means we get the worst of both worlds.

Oh well.

I've got some photos from last weekend and yesterday stored up so here we go:

Yesterday I found these in the Conservatory and the Library at the Arboretum:





This is what the big storm that wasn't looked like from the library:
And from the outside:

Summit Avenue last weekend brought a surprise:
Here's a detail of her shawl:

This was the other day during a meltdown:

Can you guess what part of the city this is?
Outside the St Paul Student Center:
This is a cool building in St Paul that I pass every day but only noticed in the sunshine recently:
It has some wonderful details:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the storm was a bust where you were, but I spent a couple+ of the worst hours of my life driving from St. Paul to Polk County, WI on Tuesday night. Slippery roads, blowing snow, occasional white-outs, fierce crosswinds. I had to stop once just to stretch out my accelerator pedal leg; it was way too treacherous to use cruise control, and I was so tense that my leg was becoming painful. Happily, I made it home with no ditch time or crashes.

Suzique said...

Hey I love the flower photos and the pink shawl lady (oh, I suppose it was the knitting that drew you, not the sculpture)... but what is that worms/peanuts in a pot thing???