Monday, March 2, 2009

Diagram Prize Revisited

Ok, so my good friend Sue got Strip and Knit With Style from the library and we had a look; it's an ok book but the title isn't really that strange... (thanks for sharing, Sue).

I still prefer Baboon Metaphysics for the winner.

And today I present to you my first suggestion for the next list: An Anecdotal History of Nematology (J.M.Webster, K.B.Eriksson & D.G.McNamara Editors).

Also, one that was missed in years past: Control of Sex in Fishes (ok, there was no Diagram Prize in 1974, but it could be a contender for a weirdest title ever prize, dontcha think?)

I'll get back to work now...

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

Suzique said...

I like the title Control of Sex in Fish. Which reminds me of the news about the recently discovered fish in Indonesia (who has had the good sense to high-tail it out of the region, now that they've discovered it.


psychelic fish

Suzique said...

Ok, I blew it on the psychedelic fish photo (the second link). That's a fish of a different color (and breed, or species? sorry, I'm in the humanities and not the sciences). And since I can't edit my posted comment to delete that, well, stick with the little "news" link, which has a photo of the fish in the news.

Anonymous said...

I could have used that Control of Sex in Fish when my fish were in their pond ... I think the rabbits lived too close and I think my fish thought, perhaps, they would mimic the rabbits ... I had more guppettes in my pond that last year ...
the pezette