Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Square Root Day

Apparently today is a Square Root Day (3-3-09) which only happens nine times every century. The last one was 2-2-04 and the next will be 4-4-16.

Magic can happen anywhere.

Mozart doesn't care much, however:

In the meantime, this is what I'm doing to maintain a semblance of sanity...

I'm reading about a notorious double agent from WWII:
My book mark is a souvenir from the 50th anniversary of the University of Salamanca choir, which we went to on a family vacation in May 2000. I belonged to the choir during the school year 1979-80 when I was a student there.

This is where we used to practice:
(Gracias, Fede, por el comentario, y saludos a todos)

On the knitting front, the sleeves are coming along nicely after a few false starts:
Actually, I have ripped them out enough that I probably could have five sleeves by now, but I don't, I have two sleeves that will be done relatively soon.

P's psychedelic socks are coming along nicely; this is the second:
And can you believe, that sock I accidentally started in Chile is now done to the toe:
Yesterday I had to go to the LYS to pick up reinforcement thread. Amazing, given my "stash" (which P was trying not to make fun of me about yesterday - thanks for that):
The gal at The Yarnery was asking me if more than one spool was necessary for a pair of socks. I told her no ... she wondered ... asked if I had color issues ... really, it's hard to explain ... but in my defense, I just want to say that I am not quite crazy yet.

If I make a hamburger dress, then maybe you can call me crazy (we all have our limits):


(turns out it's crocheted, but you get my drift)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First off...KITTY! Second I love the Papi socks they are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

and on top of all the other things you do, you also make music! plus in such a lovely place AND lookie, lookie, lookie at those sleeves!!!!! also ... do you get fries with the dress?
the fish

Suzique said...

Fish is so quick! Well, I say go for the hamburger dress once you ketchup with the other projects. I thought of peddle-pushers when I saw the sleeves, but of course, you are a youngster and didn't have to live through that style, I suspect.

That is so MO. Loved the Salamanca building. btw you gotta see the exhibit over here....

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of square root day. But I quick-like-a-bunny emailed sons #1 and #2 about it. I read that Agent Zig-Zag book shortly after reading some other fiction novel that seemed to have been based on it. Amazing story.