Thursday, April 9, 2009

Denver

I went to Denver yesterday to have lunch with my friend The Gypsy.

Denver tries to be friendly, even when they're telling you you can't get in (thanks, rck, for showing me that)

The airport is kind of weird. On the one hand, it's really nice and modern but, unfortunately, it's in the middle of nowhere. At first I thought Cirque du Soleil was in town. Then I thought maybe it was a Christo art installation.


But I guess it's trying to look like the mountains. It was kind of cloudy and the mountains rather far so it was hard to capture the snowy tops. Anyway, we had a lot of fun visiting and she'll be here in May. She crocheted me a scarf and I knit her one ... I guess we're still on the same wave length, even when we're not in school together.

I'm not sure how she managed to escape without me having a picture taken of us, but she did :(

Scarf and knitting pictures to follow.

In the meantime, they've scrubbed MSP clean of NWA signs - when you get off the train and go to the tram, the signs tell you what airlines service the Twin Cities; Northwest is not on the list.

In fact, you have to get really close to see the Northwest name:
They haven't repainted all the planes yet, but they will. In the meantime, the jetways show Delta and the planes are NWA:

This is where NWA's counter used to be in Denver:
I'm understanding better what my friends from Republic felt like back in 1986. I wouldn't say I'm sentimental about it, but it will take some getting used to, no doubt about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Denver finally built a new airport?! I remember Stapleton Airport, but not with fond memories.