Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Some say that procrastination is the best way to get things done.

Today was a very rainy Sunday. I did lots on Saturday to ensure that I could clean the house today. I don't clean much. I kind of look at it the way Joan Rivers looks at it ... "I hate housework! You make the beds, you do the dishes - and six months later you have to start all over again!"

So in order to avoid scrubbing and dusting, I went to the hardware store with Boy-child.

We got new thingys for the chairs in the kitchen:

And then I had him pick out buttons from the button box for the eyes of his sock monkey:

And I worked on the funny pieces of the monkey, like the tail and the ears:

Then he was done:

Boy-child was happy:

It's good, after a fiasco, to have finished something that is new and different from what you usually do.

I got a lot done today.

But not the dusting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For "those" that say you only do socks I say "pshaw!"...this shows how you can branch out ... he is adorable and his pieces came together so very well .. ah ha, perhaps the green sweater can be seen as your own "sock monkey" and the sleeves will go on as easily as the arms?
such a funny fish!

Anonymous said...

Awesome button box!

Unknown said...

I am so stealing that monkey. I have already decided to name him, Melville the Melon Monkey, M for short.

Suzique said...

Boo, smart move using Dewey's name. How can she say no now?