Sunday, May 31, 2009

File Photos

Haven't done much today so I thought I'd dig up some photos from the files.

Here is an example of the importance of detail. And of proof-reading. Especially the title/cover of the journal. Seriously:
I love old books. They paid attention to detail back then. And they made them to last, even if their best intentions didn't always work:
Sets are pretty too, I think:
But variety is always nice:
I just fixed this one up a little bit - it was quite abused by bad tape. It has some lovely details:
These are from Walter Library during finals week. I was sitting around waiting for someone who never showed up. This building was awful when I was an undergraduate at the U. They've fixed it up since then, and it is wonderful now - back to its original splendor:

Perspective is everything.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. The gold details in the building are wonderful!

Suzique said...

Love these, especially the romancing insects. And what an angle from which to catch that pillar!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I only remember Walter Library from its infamous days. It is beautiful now!

Anonymous said...

ah yes, Walter ... I hid there a lot when in school ... it is lovely and the books ... love the photos
fish