Sunday, May 10, 2009

I've Been Tagged

The Kat tagged me with a meme - so here it is:

What are your current obsessions?
Knitting. Blogs. Blogs about knitting. Getting the flowers planted.

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Whatever fits.

What's for dinner?
Kabobs from Von Hanson’s on the grill and spinach salad like the one they used to have at the Highland Grill restaurant.

What's your greatest fear at the moment?
That the economy will tank further and P will have no work and … what would we do ‘cause I sure don’t make any money!

What are you listening to?
The birds in the yard.

If you were a goddess what would you be?
Venus.

What are your favorite holiday spots?
Peralillo,
Paris, Salamanca, New York, Islamorada, Santa Monica. (I like to travel!)

What are you reading right now?
Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin, with At Wit’s End and Sense and Goodness Without God both out from the library.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Expensive coffee and yarn.

Who or what makes you laugh?
My children, my husband, my friends, myself.


What is your favorite spring thing to do?

Smell the lilacs and the blossoms as I walk to and from the bus.

Where are you planning to travel next?
Portland, Oregon. Girl-child picked the destination. I’ll write about it when I get there.

What is the best thing you ate or drank lately?
Shrimp scampi at Red Lobster with my mother (lunch for Mothers’ Day)

When was the last time you were tipsy?
I don’t remember.

What is your favorite ever film?
I’m not sure I can answer that. E.T.?

What is the biggest lesson you've learned from your children?

All of my liberal ideas of nature vs. nurture went out the window – you never know what you’re going to get. It’s been fun (and sometimes surprising) to see who they become.

What song can't you get out of your head?
I’m Your Man. (!)

What book do you know you should read but refuse to?
The Bible.

What is your physical abnormality/abnormal physical ability?
I am the most amazing klutz I’ve ever known.

What is your favorite color?
Purple, green, red, teal. Anything over-saturated.

If you were a day of the week, which would you be?
I despise questions like this. Thursday; most of the week finished and anticipation building up …

If you were to win a free round-the-world trip, what stops would you like to make (name at least five)? Manaus, Paris, Athens, Dar es Salaam, The Seychelles, Xian

********************************************************
The rules of this meme are as follows:

  • Respond to the questions
  • Post them in your own blog
  • Replace one question
  • Tag as many people as you want

I tag Susan, Rosemary, Kirsten and Sarah. I don’t know if they do memes, so …. Maybe this will pass it on, maybe not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Islamorada! We always made sure to eat at least once at the Mexican Cantina there when we used to go to the Keys. And the Bible: I bought myself the approved version in more-or-less plain English so I could read it. Not for the religious inspiration (gag) but for the myth and folklore and cultural influences, sort of like reading Shakespeare and Alexander Pope.

Anonymous said...

you are so tres international, yes?
interesting answers!
here's to Thursdays
the fish

Ben said...

Hey,

I see that you are reading Sense and Goodness without God, and I've been encouraging people to post their thoughts on the book at the Richard Carrier Fan group on Atheist/Nexus (link). I guess that means you're being "tagged" by a stranger, but it'd be cool to have some discussion. :D Hope you enjoyed the book!

Ben

Sarah Hansen said...

Hey Soxanne. I'm a first time commentor, long time lurker.

I can't do memes, but I totally love being tagged! Thanks for thinking of me.