- Chicago is not a larger version of the Twin Cities.
- It is way, way, way bigger.
- Minneapolis looks puny when you fly home from Chicago.
- There are a lot of skyscrapers.
- Many of the skyscrapers are in the Art Deco style.
- There are a lot of people begging in the streets.
- Young women in bars and restaurants wear CFMs and clothing that does not offer adequate coverage.
- North Rush Street is a great place to people watch on a Friday night.
- They have a mass transit system that works really, really well.
- Men sometimes offer up their seats to women on the trains.
- A woman should never decline a seat from a man on public transportation.
- I have trained Boy-child that he should never be sitting on a bus that has a woman standing.
- While I was on a train a woman scowled at a man who offered her his seat.
- I told said man that he was a real gentleman and I wished him better luck next time.
- I love to go to conferences.
- Who knew?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Some things I noticed in Chicago: