Saturday, August 1, 2009

Béla Ferenc Dezső Blaskó

Boy-child and I watched some of the classic Dracula movie with Béla Lugosi last night. What a kick.

I guess we've been a a roll, what with the Nosferatu that I saw with Girl-child recently and then a couple of Ed Wood's movies to prepare for watching the movie about Ed Wood made by Tim Burton.

We really, really like movies at our house. And who doesn't like a good story?

Speaking of good stories, I've started reading Michael Chabon's Yiddish Policemen's Union recently. Did I say it was a good story? It's kind of weird. I bought it for Boy-child ages ago when he was in to alternate history but he never read it. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay was good, but vastly different from this one. (Wow, I just discovered that it's being made into a movie - Kavalier and Clay will make a good movie). At any rate, the jury is still out on the Policemen.

The other good story I've been venturing in and out of is the Doris Kearns Goodwin Team of Rivals book. It's a bit dense, but good, so I read about 100 pages and then take a break with something like Chabon, or Junot Diaz.

I find that summer is not such a good knitting time - not much to report in that department.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: