Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Life of Leisure

Today was the first day in my newfound life of leisure that was sunny and good to work outdoors. I attacked the shrubs on The Estate as they are in a dismal state of neglect after the Summer That Wasn't. We also had a blowout storm last night and there were many branches about as a result.

I got everything loaded up and went to the compost site.
Which is closed on Tuesdays.

On a brighter note, Girl-child and I went for breakfast last Sunday and it was quite tasty. She was a gracious guest given the fact that I was in a gloomy mood that morning.
On the knitting front, I finished Girl-child's Mardi Gras socks, which I think were not photographed until now:
I also finished the first Loksins - something that Yarn Harlot made some time ago and I had in my queue. The yarn was purchased in London last March.
I believe the color is closer to the second picture, although the pattern shows up nicely above.

Can't say why, but I started a Citron shawl. At this point it looks more like a lettuce leaf, imho, but perhaps that will change when it's done and blocked.

No comments: