Friday, January 28, 2011

January Wool

I recently went to an "event" at a yarn shop. The place is pretty much sensory overload, which is fun in small doses.
I was rather distressed though, that it felt like a private club. A club to which I did not belong. It was kind of weird.
Although there was an open invitation (I thought) at the Knitters' Guild meeting, I did not feel very welcome there and it was kind of catty in a high school sort of way. Oh well. There are plenty of yarn shops in town.

Also at the Guild meeting I found out about a WWII watchman's cap pattern available for free online. Of course, I made one for Boy-child straight away.

The crown shaping is quite nice looking.


This is my current obsession. I just started the third ball of yarn (of six). It's reversible - this is one side:
This is the other:

Pattern: Palisander. Yarn: Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK

1 comment:

Carrie said...

It was me knitting that cap at the Knitter's Guild meeting :)
I also just added you to my friends on Rav...see you at the next meeting?!