Sunday, May 13, 2012

May Day Parade


May Day Parade by Heart of the Beast Theater was delayed a week because of rain last weekend.


It made for kind of a weird Mothers' Day.


I was supposed to be in it, but instead, only watched because of my duty to Ask A Librarian email.


A lot of very cool masks and some bands and some very amazing Aztec dancers were there.


I also ran into my father's cousin, whom I have seen all of a half-dozen times in my life.


They got a beautiful day today.


I have to say the HotB folks make me feel like a reactionary suburbanite, which is saying something.



Girl-child could not have imagined in her wildest dreams when she was little that she was going to become this when she grew up:

I haven't done Ask A Librarian emails on a Sunday before today (I'm covering for a co-worker). I see now that it doesn't get busy until after dinner, since the online classes have homework due at midnight on Sunday.

My approach will be that of a helpful, but not particularly sympathetic librarian.

A miracle worker I am not.

Happy Mothers' Day.

No comments: