Sunday, October 7, 2012

Awareness Month

How ironic, that it's breast cancer awareness month, and here I am with Auntie. I went with to chemo Friday for the first time...they have a good set-up at The Breast Center (not surprising). And all went well.

It's been a long time since I lived in a girl-house. Girls eat different from boys, at least in my experience. For example, there have been no steak requests. Yesterday's request was fish, so I got some salmon, miniature potatoes and peas. Wonderful. I even had fresh rosemary from The Farm for the potatoes. (I miss Boy-child, but it's great to have salmon for a change).

It's great to be done clearing out the house. I'm trying to be useful to Auntie while staying here, and we squeeze in some fun stuff too, as long as it doesn't wear her out. I'm trying to keep her on a short leash so that she behaves herself.

And how adorable is this? This is what she uses to balance her checkbook :-)

By the way, when supporting research for breast cancer, or any other good cause, just write your check directly to the organization; don't bother with the retail promotions.

1 comment:

Silvernfire said...

Unless you're in the market for pink merchandise. Then this is the time to have at it. :) By the way, a certain library supplies vendor offers a pink book truck (for a little more, of course).