Sunday, July 20, 2014

Orlando

I went to Orlando for work last week. It was my first "working" PhD residency.

In addition to it going well, we had some good food, including grilled baby octopi:


I'm sure I had never realized that I needed a TV in the mirror of my hotel bathroom.  Not!  How weird is that?


Outrageous light fixtures seem to be a thing in convention hotels.  And wild carpet.  I failed to photograph the carpet but here's the chandelier from the lobby:


Happily, I seem to be approved for TSA pre-check most of the time.  I'm not sure how it happened, but I will not complain.  I love not having to take off my shoes or take out my laptop and toiletries bag.  Except the buckles on my shoes set the thing off and I had to take off my shoes anyway.  Lesson:  travel in Toms after this, even if they don't match as well:


I love being a librarian.  In the old days, when I worked for the Evil Airline That No Longer Exists, I didn't like telling people I was in the airline business 'cause they always told me their worst travel horror stories.  In stark contrast, everyone loves librarians ... and who doesn't enjoy being loved?

1 comment:

kmkat said...

No one comes into the library to complain. Well, hardly anyone. When a patron comes in they are about to *shop* for something they love --- and it's already paid for! I loved being a librarian during the brief time I did it, too.

Did your bathroom have a phone? Remind me to tell the story about that sometime.