Sunday, November 2, 2014

I Do Still Knit

Methinks I have not posted much about knitting for a while.


I still knit and I still have a yarn addiction.


After several false starts I think I have finally found a "significant piece of lace" to knit (that was one of my goals for 2014 - to knit a significant piece of lace).


I'm also back to knitting black hats for Boy-child.  Even though he is currently in Chile he will be needing woolies when he gets back to the US.


I also accidentally knit another pair of socks.  They are conveniently my size, but that is also Girl-child's size, so who knows where they may end up?


I also knit four pair of felted clog slippers.  This is the only pair remaining - I took no photos of the previous three pairs.  Girl-child got orange tops with heather green soles, DIL got red tops with purple soles and Boy-child's landlady in DC got green and blue (I don't remember which was which). These are for Boy-child - forest green with black souls soles.


No, I do not generally weave in the ends until I absolutely have to.

In decorating news, I am thinking I will probably paint the floors.  Right now I'm leaning toward the purply-gray one (second in from the right, top).  I've been looking at gray and off-gray.  If it turns out that concrete floors are too cold this winter I may change my mind.  Painting is pretty thrifty though, I can do it myself and I could get new countertops in the kitchen sooner rather than later if I paint the floors.  


Plus I can alway get cork floors later, when Auntie wins the lottery (she swears she's going to win and says I shouldn't scoff since she plans to share with me).

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

Still clogging away- great. What is the lace? Curious.

soxanne said...

It's Wild Flowers by Kitman Figueroa without beads (and a couple of other changes).

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wild-flowers-7

kmkat said...

Four pairs of clogs! You have a lot of perseverance. If you make a pair for yourself, the concrete floors will be no problem :-)