Monday, September 7, 2015

Odds and Ends

A knit-tag I made ages ago has finally found a home :-D


The Family continues to thrive:


I have been knitting, but not a lot and not very well.  These Christmas socks turned out ok though:


And this is a new pair I started for myself, because I need vanilla socks on the needles.  Yarn: Miss Babs in Deep Sea Jellyfish, purchased at Fibre Space in Alexandria, Virginia.


And a note on talismans and good-luck charms, or "signaling" if you prefer.  I usually wear this when I am flying Delta.  It's a 15-year "pin" from Northwest Airlines.  Sometimes the crew recognize it.  Good things sometimes happen when they do:


This was our gift for the 25th Yarnover; it's a needle gauge.  When I was at Fibre Space it was noticed and jealously admired:


This is a good-luck symbol that I purchased in Istanbul.  I tried to use it for good luck today when I went to American Rug Laundry, but alas, I did not find anything I liked.  I'm in the process of redecorating Boy-child's room.  Since I'm in no rush I find no need to purchase anything unless I love it.


Which reminds me.  Last time I went to American Rug Laundry I found a very unusual round rug.


I call it the fish bowl.  For obvious reasons.


That's it for today.  I have new countertops going in this week.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Rose the Gypsy said...

Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

1. Where is my needle gauge from that Yarnover? I remember getting one but haven't seen it in ages.
B. Love the Istanbul luck charm.
iii. I got a chuckle from the NWA pin. (I mistyped pin as pain. Was I right the first time?)